Cortana is basically a personal assistant that is developed by Microsoft. Cortana is a personal productivity assistant that provides the ability to Microsoft users to save their important time and focus attention on other important matters.
Some of the important things that Cortana do for its users are:
- It provides the facility to users to manages their calendar and keep their schedule up to date
- Also, it lets you create and manage lists
- Cortana also find facts, info, and definitions for your
- It opens applications for you on your PC
- In addition, it set reminders and alarms
Disable Permanently Cortana On Window 10
If you are not comfortable with Cortana, then Microsoft provides you the ability to turn off Cortana straight away easily. Basically, Cortana gives you the facility to search your computer for you, and as a result, it displays notifications, sets reminders, can send emails, and does all of that using your voice. Some of the users might think that Cortana interrupts their work so that they can turn the helper off.
Microsoft has the integration of a digital personal assistant, called Cortana, into Windows 10, May 2020 Update. But this latest new built-in feature may be unhelpful or annoying for some users.
Step-by-Step Guide to turn-off or disable Cortana on Windows 10
We will provide you a complete step-by-step guide to turn off and disable Microsoft’s Cortana (Disable Permanently Cortana) from your Windows 10 computer.
To Turn off Cortana completely on Windows 10
- Lets Start!
- First of all, Press the “Start Menu” button
- Search for and open “Edit group policy“
- Next, go to “Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search”
- Find and open “Allow Cortana“
- Click “Disabled“
- Press “OK“.
Restart your computer, and Cortana should be no more. Rather than “Ask me anything“, the new search box will only say “Search Windows” which seems to be much better now that it doesn’t search the internet for a locally stored document. Stay connected with Reviews Guro for the latest step-by-step guides.